Thursday, July 14, 2011

next day...

today was great! beeeaauuutiful weather, low 70's, mostly sunny, light breeze. amazing. we were planning on going to mackinaw bridge today, but R woke up with a migraine so we postponed, which ended up being great anyway. We went to brunch at Brutus' cafe (or something like that). Very small town, lots of taxidermy and quirky interior decorations. My hot cocoa mug said "If I'd have known I was going to live this long, I would've taken better care of myself." Weird, right?

After lunch, Laura, J & I went on a tour at Kilwin's. It's basically a Goumas on steriods. They make all sorts of yummy chocolate treats, as well as icecream, fudge, and stuff like that. It was fun to see behind the scenes. Pics of that for sure. After we got back to the lake, Laura and I kayaked out to "The Blue Hole". It's so deep, it goes to china. Not really. But it does get REALLY deep. Hence, the blue hole (get it, the black hole?). We also paddleboated (is that a verb? it is now) out to the sand bar. About half way out, a pontoon boat with a girl and three guys passed us, and the girl was like "hollaaa!". The guys waved several times, and were obviously checking us out. The girl offered for us to join them (practically shouting across the lake) and we just kind of ignored them. Well turns out they were heading out to the sandbar as well. She said "hollaaaaa!" again when we got there, and one of the guys asked if we were 21. Laura yelled no, and the guy repeated "no" like he was confused. lol I chuckled. We stuck around the sandbar for a while, but it was really awkward knowing they were still there. When we were leaving, one of the guys shouted that we could still get drunk. It was ridiculous. We were laughing so hard though. I have to admit, they were cute though. Typical lake boys: tan, buff, and most likely tools. No thanks.

Dinner was at a seafood place, not my favorite, but they had good onion rings. We went to the lookout bay after that though, got some great pics of Laura and me. The sunset was INCREDIBLE tonight, too! Reds, hot pinks, purples and streaks over lake michigan. amazing.

Firsts:
Um, not mentionable on here. Let's just say it wasn't the most lady-like.
peel-able facial masks. no worries, there are pictures...

tomorrow we're heading to the bridge. sounds like we'll be bike riding most of the time. sounds fun, I think. :)

thought of the day: I'm really learning how to be flexible with this trip. tonight in the car, I had no idea where we were going because the plans changed so many times. ...I love my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment