Thursday, July 14, 2011

Thursday, that's all I know...

Crazy long day today. Something relaxing about the blank screen in front of me though. Been a little starved for creative freedom, I miss my mac and photoshop...

We got up early-ish to hit Mackinaw Island this morning. Took a 20 min ferry ride that went around the bridge itself, then to the island. The island itself is very pretty, lots of reeaally neat old building with some significant historical value. Lots of old dates and names. No vehicles at all, only walking, biking or horse carriages. A little too touristy for my taste, it diminishes the quaint, vintage feel of the town. We walked around the lawn of the Grand Hotel, got some cute pics. It was $10 to just go inside if you weren't registered. I didn't realize this, but after 6pm everynight, gentlemen have to have on at least a coat and tie, and women can't wear slacks. How fun would it be to go get all dolled up for dinner there one night...

Saw a bi-plane today, that was neat.
Firsts:
Ferry ride (that I remember, at least. I know I was on one when I was little, but I don't remember much.)
Tandem bike ride (didn't like that much... being in front, you controlled all the balance. being in back, you had no control but peddling. weird. I rode the single the 2nd half of the route. way better for taking pictures. )

My legs and feet are killing me. I'm dying for a really good pre-pointe foot massage.
I think that's everything significant that happened today. Some weird drama with Laura's work, but that's not worth remember the details, so we'll just leave it at that. Oh! After we got back, Laura & I went down to the lake for some girl time. Sparkling grape juice, popcorn, m&ms, music and a full moon on a glassy lake. Perfect. Even the bugs didn't bite. :)

that's all for now. g'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment